Hello dear friends. I have been missing for quite awhile, I apologize. I have been working on healing my heart of my past and present. I have a wonderful counselor named Sally who has helped me find a bit of a direction and she'll be helping me plan for the future. She's awesome, a Christian, and downright nice lady. I have really hated looking at myself honestly, but by doing so, I am growing and changing and readjusting to my life in a positive way. So while I haven't been here pouring out my heart to you, I have been doing it elsewhere.
I have found a book that has been so helpful in my journey. It's called Boundaries. I highly recommend it.
We are preparing for Kait to leave the nest. We've enrolled her officially in college and she'll pick her classes at her orientation in June. It is at once exciting and sad. The end to a chapter of her life and ours, yet a beginning.
Shelli
4 comments:
Hey, just checking in!
Hey! Just checking i!
Good for you. I have seen a counselor 'as needed' for a few years, especially when dealing with the helplessness I felt during the kids' adoption. It's great to have someone help that isn't giving you advice from a completely outside perspective.
Congrats to having your girl off to college- I think it's as big an achievement for you as a parent as it is for her.
I'm so glad to see that you posted again and are in a good place.
Thinking of you1
Lacy
Post a Comment